Love Insta but not sure what makes a good pic? Our fave celebs school us on how to snap a 'like'-worthy shot.
1. Post memorial moments like Taylor Swift
TSwift's pics always inspire by giving us a glimpse into all the fun stuff she gets up to during the day. Copy her style by having your Insta on hand when you're baking, dressing up for parties, showing off your cool nail art or sharing big occasions like birthdays and nights out. Use the app Pic Stitch, like Taylor, to create frames that tell a story with your pics oh and it's free, nice!
2. Snap selfies like Miranda Kerr
Selfies can be super-cute as long as they're done in the right way (note: that means putting the duck pout away). The key to perfecting the Instagram selfie, Miranda-style, is to keep it sweet and approachable and only indulge occasionally otherwise it can get a little snoresville!
3. Post cool shots of you and your crew hanging out like Ash Benson
To set the scene at the beginning of a night out, include things like tickets to events you're going to. This way, your pics will make more sense to peeps who aren't out with you. Also, limit the amount of shots you take as there's nothing worse than looking at the same people over and over again in your feed.
4. Take pics of yummy food like Elle Fanning
Whether she's made it herself or is chowing down at her fave restaurant, Elle always makes her food snaps look de-lish. Inspire food envy yourself by testing out different angles with lens apps like XnView and Photo FX. The 'Tilt Shift' effect will get the most out of your food snaps.
5. Style it like Lauren Conrad
LC is selective about what she posts and takes her time setting up shots so they're always perfectly styled. She also makes the most out of Instagram's pretty filters. Steal her style by using ones like 1977 and Walden to get a girly finish.
6. Set up quirky shots like Tavi Gevinson
Whether she's taking scenic snaps of road trips, pretty decorations or cool pieces from her wardrobe, Tavi puts an indie spin on everything she captures. If you're into Tavi's offbeat look, take shots of your DIYs, pretty sunsets and skylines and funny signage you see around the place. You can also try taking shots at different angles like from above or underneath things to get a different perspective.
7. Take happy snaps of your pets like Chloe Mortez
Chloe knows taking cute pics of animals is a fool-proof Insta crowd pleaser. The good news is you don't have to do much to get an 'oohh' and 'ahhh' from a pet snap, but if you want to guarantee 'likes' under your post then catch your pet doing something naughty like getting into the rubbish or napping somewhere he shouldn't be. You could also use an app like Camera+ to sharpen up your pics and make them look profesh.
What doesn't make a good shot?
• Taking pics of other people's pics, art, or movie stills Instagram is all about sharing your work, not stealing from others.
• Having lots of similar posts. If you always post your brekkie, lunch and dinner it can get a little stale. Mix things up a bit to keep your followers interested.
• Snapping multiple pics of the same scene or place from different angles. We know you're excited about your trip but save it for FB where you can create an album!
Celebrity self-confidence secrets.